The history of Fleetwood Golf Club has been positively traced back to the year 1861 when as a garrison town, officers at the Euston Barracks were instumental in the laying out of the links course, organising a golf competition and presenting prizes to the eventual winners. The first recorded Golf Club was disbanded when the School of Musketry was relocated to Hythe in Kent some five years later.
In 1893, townsfolk with an obvious passion for the game, instituted a Golf Club which had the boundary of the course running alongside the very edge of the sea. This is the accepted date from which the club's centenary was celebrated.
In all there have been three locations for the town's Golf Clubs and the location for the current course at Princes Way, designed by James Steer and opened in 1932, is the only true links course on the Fylde Coast.
A more detailed history of the Fleetwood Golf Club is available.